I thought I would share my recipe this morning of Tater Tot Bombs, easy to do and feeds a crowd of teenage boys.
Tater Tots or Potato Rounds
1. Cook bacon, getting burnt several times by popping water. Boys walk through the kitchen and bacon is gone, cook other half of the pound of bacon. Hide bacon from boys.
2. In a panini press or cast iron skillet or frying pan, put the potato rounds together. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes, press down with the top of the press or lid or plate so they mash together. If cooking in a skillet turn them over to brown the other side.
3. Once one layer of crowns is done, remove and make a second layer. Hide cooked tater tots from boys as this will disappear very quickly.
4. Once second layer of crowns is done, find cooked bacon (eat a piece or two, you have plenty) layer the bacon on top of the cooked "cake" of potato rounds. Top with shredded cheddar cheese. Place first layer of crowns on top and cook on low for another 10 minutes melting the cheese and browning the potatoes.
5. Place on a cutting board and cut into even pieces, hiding one for yourself in the dishwasher, they'll never look in there.
You can put your own take on this bomb by adding:
granny smith apples and pepper jack cheese
Sausage and cheddar cheese
Ham and swiss cheese
Any two ingredients will do!